Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kasturi flower tree - progression series

You all may be familiar with beautiful taller kasturi trees with rose flowers. We have been growing once since last 2-3 years,which was actually started from a broken branch from the neighbourhood. Since we started to grow one more, I decided to convert one into a bonsai, mainly due to its nice trunk structure. Initially i thought about making a multi or twin trunk bonsai from it, but after so much of thought, I removed other two close trunks and made it into a single trunk tree. So far it is very vigourous and growing very fast.  Also I tried to make a deadwood patern in the trunk



The tree after curring the top with my son


After bare rooting
 


 
After further prunning the top




With more growth of new buds

 


 


From another angle
 




Dead wood design

1 comment:

  1. Dear Saravanan,

    am very much interested in learning bonsai methods,can you guide me on tht,pls send me the details to my email id anithajbas@gmail.co

    ReplyDelete