Friday, September 24, 2010

Amla tree progression series

This is the amla tree which I have been growing for past 4-5 years from a pencil thick plant. It has grown upto 2 meters height as a tall mini tree. Recently I prunned all the top branches, and left a single foilage for feeding, as well as the roots, and transferred into a shallow bonsai pot (I use to buy them from a nursery in kotturpuram- very good one with lot of bonsai's). The tree responded very early within 2 months and foilages are growing now. I will be removing the right branch with bigger foilage quickly and make it as a deadwood branch. I feel very happy at everyday morning to have  a look at this new born bonsai.


The tree's present look, the stone was removed now

Soon after the cut

The root ball which was grown for years

The trees look before all the work

The hard prunned root ball

1 comment:

  1. This is not Amal...it's curry leaves..or methi been tree

    ReplyDelete