Monday, September 20, 2010

Asoka (saraca Indica) tree (5 years old)



These are pictures of a Asoka tree (Saraca Indica) I have been training for the last five years. It was land potted for the inital few years, then when I had to move to the apartment , I transfered it into this cement pot. But to say honestly, I bought this tree when I didnt know much about this art (even a little now too !!), and I almost forgotten this tree, and it has been under the maintenance of my father in our terrace. I started to see this recently when I decided to take this hobby seriously, and this tree's present looks was given by my father by bending down the upper branches roughly with some wire. I think that I have to clean up the routes and do a rewiring to this to give much cleaner look and to trigger the growth, but my father somehow doesn't like me to work on this tree. I may either do something to this or will leave it as such in its own way of styling. But I will do the root prunning and change the soil shortly.

                                            

4 comments:

  1. This very good plants( Bonsai) but plant is of Aasupalav not Saraka indica. Its botanical name is polyalthia longifolia.
    - Sanket D.Damame.
    (Horticulturist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonsai is o.k. but it is not ashoka (saraca indica) tree. it is nettilingam (Polyalthia longifolia) please refer

    http://saracaasoca-polyalthialongifolia.blogspot.in/

    and

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyalthia_longifolia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can we differentiate seeing small plants

    ReplyDelete