Monday, September 20, 2010

Indian Bonsai

Hi Friends ! I am Saravanan from Chennai. A pharma scientist by profession and an amature or a beginner in Bonsai art. As bonsai is an art which is existing for more than centuries, but the hobby/art was not grown enough in India and  there are only a very few well known bonsai masters in India. Most importantly the existing bonsai masters are not focusing much on our native trees, for eg. you can see only a very few neem bonsais in the internet (but there may exist a few which are not posted in net) , where neem saplings are much abundant in each nuke and corner in our country, esp. south india. The main idea of starting this blog is to create the awareness of this art amoung our community and training of our NATIVE TREES as a bonsai to the international standards. I will be sharing the bonsai pictures of mine here, and I request you all to comment about them and post the trees of yours too, and lets have a healthy discussion forward.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Saravanan,

    am very much interested in learning bonsai methods,can you guide me on tht,pls send me the details to my email id anithajbas@gmail.co

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saravanan,

    I have accidentally visited this site, and am really interested in knowing more about Bonsai. Can you guide me on this?? you can contact me at serivu@gmail.com

    Best regards
    Raja

    ReplyDelete