Thursday, September 30, 2010

Citrus tree - 4 Years

This is one of the sapling which started to grow from a seed through some birds which we found in one of our pots. My father was trimming it for last few years as a dwarf plant. I recently saw this tree and by seeing  its dense foilage,branch structure and nebari, guessed that this could be a wonderful bonsai if properly designed. Initially I defoilated all the leafs to see the branch structure. It was looking little ugly with improper branches and two branches at the bottom of the trunk.
 
Before styling

I removed all the unnecessary branches. Mainly I bent down the major branch at the right side and given it a curvy look through wiring to increase its beauty, but it also caused a little break of the wood at their joining, but it is unevitable. It took about 4 fours in total ,and I finished it two days after my return from work. Also this tree is having a lot of sharp thorns which was pinching my fingers during the work.

After defoilation for wiring
  
I kept the two thin branches in the bottom with design untill last week. Then found that they are not adding any beauty to the tree , so I removed them and decided not to keep any other branches down to those two main branches.

The tree was responding very fast for defoilation. I saw with in two weeks enough growth of buds. I decided to leave this tree as such now untill next summer. Then again I will repeat the process which will increase the ramification of the branches and foilage density. But still I dont know the trees growth nature in winter and rainy seasons. If I found it still vigorous I may do the rework before the summer to make it quickly a nice tree, but it is highly a risk !

Finally I think turning the tree little bit clock wise makes a good look and that will be the front position. After seeing the big gap between the bottom of the trunk and a thick aerial root, I kept a small stone so that it also look like a root over rock style. But now I removed this stone and kept another rock stone which will look more natural.




After wiring and branch styling



This should be the front

No comments:

Post a Comment