Sunday, March 11, 2012

An attempt to make a sumo bonsai

You might be knowing what really a sumo bonsai meant. It represents a shorter tree but with very wide trunk and thicker canopy which looks like a sumo wrestler. I always like verymuch the shorter version of trees, and looking for longtime to make one. During a recent visit to the nursery, the ficus arrivals with amazing route structures attracted me.
I purchased two lean and taller saplings but with complicated route pattern. As usual I prunned them to very low level. Left them to grow freely for months. The result is quite pleasing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saravanan
    Am interested very much in Bonsai.I wanna learn this art by myself can u guide me which variety to start with and methods

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    It is good to see that you are having interest on this area. Let me know your mail id or mail me to srinivsan_saravanan2000@yahoo.com
    Regards,
    Saravanan

    ReplyDelete