Saturday, May 21, 2011

The amazing effect of slanting style

I have been struggling to achieve the style of my few bonsai trees, which are otherwise excellent in health and ramification. Though I knew about the slanting style,but it didnt hit me to apply to these trees to make them look better.
But during my travelling as usual when I was observing the style of trees in the roadside, the amazing effect  of slanting style of trees  triggered to me. Usually the trees which are growing in the road side tend to slant or lean forward for more light which makes them bent in their trunk and this one is the mostly adopted style of the trees in our country. Next time when you walk in the road of full of trees just try to observe this.

Now, I have given below the pics of trees after the slanting position was achieved and you can see the difference now.

Rain forest tree after slanting few degrees

Powder puff tree after slanting

Growing ficus bonsai


Especially the styling effect on the above citruous tree is quite pleasing. Compare the previous image of this tree taken a year before below. This was initially placed to view from the straight towards its branch. But when I looked this tree accidentally from this view, it remembers the famous conifer bonsai's. Hence Yesterday I removed it from the previous pot, cleaned the roots and it was potted in this linear pot which supports the style of this tree.



Citrus tree a year before


1 comment:

  1. Lovely Bonsai in Your Collection, Nice Hobby! Keep it up. This hobby also Earning you Good Amounts, If you Want to Earn from this Hobby, You Can market this plants on internet like ebay.in and amazon.in or Even Post it in to olx too.

    ReplyDelete